Caring for your Aelin candles entails a simple process that helps to ensure your favourite candles burn cleanly and last longer!
Here are some tips to help you care for your Aelin candles:
1. Trim the wick: Before lighting your candle, make sure to trim the cotton wick to about 1/4 inch. This helps the candle burn more evenly and prevents excessive flickering or smoking.
2. Allow the wax to melt evenly: When you first light your Aelin candle, allow it to burn long enough to create a pool of melted wax that extends to the edges of the container.
3. Keep the wick centred: As the candle burns, make sure to keep the wick centred in the wax. This helps prevent the wax from building up on one side of the container, which can cause the candle to burn unevenly.
4. Avoid burning for too long: At Aelin, we use 100% soy wax. Soy wax candles have a lower melting point than other types of wax, so it is best to avoid burning them for more than 4 hours at a time.This can help prevent the wick from becoming too hot and burning too quickly.
5. Extinguish saftely: When you are ready to extinguish your candle, use a snuffer or gently blow it out. This helps hot wax from splattering and reduces the risk of a fire.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your Aelin candles burn cleanly and lasts as long as possible!